New Customers | Existing Customers

Get a free quote

Existing customers please call
Click here to close

Home and Contents Insurance

We work with our home insurance partner Adrian Flux so you can find value cover whether you need contents or building cover, or both policies combined. Prices for contents-only home insurance start from £44 and buildings-only insurance starts from £75*.

Trustpilot logo
Rated Great
Rated 'Great' based on 10,034 reviews
Trustpilot logo
Rated Great
Rated ‘Great’ based on 10,034 reviews
Contents-only insurance from £44!*

Cover for your home, and your belongings…

We understand that you want your property, the building and its contents to be adequately covered. Adrian Flux is our home insurance partner, so we will put you in touch if you’re shopping around for cheap home and contents cover.

Whether you’re a homeowner, a landlord or renter, Adrian Flux can cover your property and its contents with a policy that suits your needs. Separate policies for buildings and contents are available, as well as options for combined buildings and contents insurance.

Nobody knows what’s around the corner, and the cost of your home and belongings means it isn’t worth taking any risks. In a worst case scenario, help is on hand if your home becomes inhabitable. Adrian Flux’s policies can also arrange alternative accommodation while your home is repaired. Any rebuilding costs can also be covered.

*Quote is based on lowest possible risk, maximum no claims bonus and a small property.

The benefits of getting a policy with Sterling

  • Prices for contents-only home insurance start from £44 (buildings-only insurance starts from £75*)
  • Sterling partners with Adrian Flux to offer the best home insurance prices
  • Policies for homeowners, renters, landlords, and holiday homes in the UK
  • Listed buildings, high value properties and unoccupied homes can be insured
  • Cover for properties which have been underpinned or at risk of subsidence
  • Home Emergency Cover, legal protection and keycare (optional extras)
  • We will take you to Adrian Flux for the best prices

Contents-only home insurance from £44*

Sterling’s partner Adrian Flux offers a wide range of buildings and contents cover. It has access to a range of insurance providers and can help find the right cover at a price to suit your needs. Also speak to them if your property is slightly unusual, or circumstances make it difficult to insure. Best prices are available over the phone.

Buildings and contents insurance for everyone

Adrian Flux’s wide range of policies include deals on combined buildings and content cover right through to landlord insurance. If you own additional properties, it also offers holiday home insurance for UK-based properties as well as cover for park homes, chalets, and bed & breakfasts. The policies can fit a variety of situations, so speak to the team and they will find the options.

Insurance for unique properties

Many properties are set in locations or have unique features that make them difficult to insure. It may be a listed building, a high value property, or a non-standard property such as one with a flat roof. It may have a thatched roof or be located in a high flood risk area. Explain the property’s key details, and Adrian Flux can provide a quote for your insurance premium.

Cover for properties which have been underpinned or at risk of subsidence

Adrian Flux is one of the few insurance brokers which offers a range of cover for properties with subsidence, and buildings that have undergone underpinning. It can also insure nonstandard wall constructions as well.

Home Emergency Cover, legal protection and keycare (optional extras)

As well as the standard cover on homes and contents insurance, optional extras are also on offer for those who would like additional protection on their policy. An unexpected home emergency can be expensive, a legal dispute can be difficult and losing keys is a massive inconvenience. So get covered with any of these as optional extras.

Call Adrian Flux for the best prices

Let Adrian Flux do the shopping around for you when it comes to your homes and contents insurance. Our experts can help you find the best deal.

Get a quote with us!

It's easy.

Frequently asked questions

Adrian Flux Insurance Services provide contents insurance, building insurance and combined building and contents insurance policies.

  • Items in your home if they are stolen or damaged by fire, storm, flood, lightning, explosions, vandalism, water or an oil leakage.
  • Possessions and belongings such as furniture, non-permanent fixtures, electrical items, carpets, clothes and jewellery.
  • Accidental damage cover as a standard feature in some policies. This means your contents insurance may cover some items accidentally damaged by you or others in your home.

Helpful advice – contents insurance

When estimating the value of your home contents, carefully consider all your high ticket items. Televisions, music systems, laptops, photographic equipment, mobile phones all add up – so make sure you get the right level of cover.

  • The structure of your home from damage or loss, and includes permanent fittings such as kitchen units, bathrooms, wiring, plumbing, doors and windows.
  • Damage from fire, storm, flood, earthquake, lightning, explosions, landslips, subsidence and heave, theft, falling trees, objects falling from aircraft, impact from vehicles or aircraft, riots, vandalism, water leakage, oil leakage.

Helpful advice – buildings insurance

Buildings insurance does not cover wear and tear as the homeowner is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their property. It also doesn’t cover furnishings, as this is covered under contents insurance.

  • The structure of your home as well as your possessions and belongings.
  • Situations where buildings and contents insurance claims may overlap, for example damage caused by burst pipes could lead to claims related to the building and your possessions.
  • If you’re a homeowner, consider combined buildings and contents cover. This could lead to savings, and less hassle if something happens where you need to claim on your buildings and contents insurance.
  • Increase the voluntary excess you’re prepared to pay. Voluntary excess is the amount you agree to pay towards a claim if you make one –  but never commit to more than you can afford here.
  • Building a no claims history can lead to discounts. With most insurers, you are able to receive a no claims discount for a claim-free history on your home insurers.
  • Step up security measures at your home. Installing alarms and security locks can reduce the price of your insurance premium.
  • Listed buildings and Victorian homes
  • Rented properties with our specialist landlords insurance
  • Bed & breakfast accommodation
  • Buy to let properties
  • Second home and holiday homes, including park homes and chalets
  • High value properties covered
  • Subsidence and underpinned homes quoted
  • Unoccupied homes
  • Homes in flood risk areas
  • Non standard properties including thatched roofs and flat roofs
  • Home Emergency Cover from £26.50
  • Gadget insurance, which covers mobile phones, laptops and tablets
  • Home legal protection
  • Keycare protecting all your important keys

Even better deals over the phone

Adrian Flux’s best policies and prices do not appear on price comparison sites and are not available online.

So let our home insurance provider compare prices with the levels of cover. We’ll take quotes from multiple insurance providers to ensure you get the very best deal.

Help is here when you need it

If you ever need to make a claim on your home insurance, someone will be there for you at the other end of the phone.

30 years’ experience in the industry

Senior staff at Sterling and Adrian Flux have been working in the insurance industry for 30 years.

It means we can all help if you need to find cover for situations or circumstances that are a bit more specialist.

All calls are handled within the UK

Whether you’re calling for a quote or want to make a claim,  staff at both Sterling and Adrian Flux are based in the UK and ready for your call.

As soon as you agree the policy terms, your insurance can be issued on the same day.

Sterling home insurance

Get a quote with us!

It's easy.

New Customers
This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.
Read more