Call us on 0344 381 9990

Van Insurance in Northern Ireland

Cover for commercial and private vans

How to get van insurance from Sterling NI

Give us a call

Our best van insurance quotes are only available over the phone. Tell us a few details about yourself and your van and we can compare quotes for you.

We listen to your needs

You can choose extra benefits such as cover for tools, goods or personal belongings, public liability cover, breakdown insurance, keycare, and more.

We ask the right questions

We know the information that makes you more attractive to insurers, allowing us to ask the right questions to ultimately reward you with cover that more accurately reflects your driving history.

Van insurance for Northern Ireland Residents

Cover for commercial vans

We understand that as a sole trader, your van is your livelihood. That’s why our cover not only protects you but also your business. We can include optional extras such as goods in transit and tools in transit cover, ensuring that items kept in your vehicle are also covered.

We also have specialist policies for couriers, catering vans, and modified or imported vans, ensuring that you’re covered however you use your vehicle. Plus, we can cover young drivers or those with convictions.

Cover for private vans

If you use your van for recreational activities, speak with our friendly team for a quote. We offer cover for vans used in all types of scenarios, including for trips abroad with your family, vans converted into campers, vehicles used for hobbies such as fishing trips or surfing, and those used year-round as your primary mode of transport.

Our private van insurance can include a range of optional extras, such as cover for personal possessions and vehicle breakdowns.

Why choose Sterling NI for van insurance?

There are many reasons to choose us for your van insurance in Northern Ireland:

Added protection for your tools

If you work in a trade and depend on your tools for your job, losing them can be costly for your business. Our cover can protect your tools if they need to be left in the van throughout the day or overnight.

European cover

Planning a trip in your van for work or pleasure? Your policy could include European cover – including trips to the Republic of Ireland – for up to 90 days. We can cover longer trips too – let us know if this is something you want to add to your policy.

Wide range of optional extras

You can choose from our selection of extra policy benefits. All policies come with up to £100,000 of legal protection, which helps cover out-of-pocket expenses if you’re in an accident that wasn’t your fault.

We can cover all types of vans

From classic vans and converted campers to daily runarounds and high-spec modern vehicles, we’ve covered them all. Whatever van you own, we’re on your side to help you get insurance that suits your needs. And with access to a wide range of insurance providers, we can cover pretty much anything.

Which type of insurance should I get?​

Fully comprehensive

This is the highest level of protection you can get. It covers you if your car gets stolen or is damaged in an accident or by vandalism, attempted theft or fire. Regardless of who is at fault, fully comprehensive policies cover damage to your van or someone else’s vehicle or property.

Third-party, fire and theft

This covers damage to other people, their cars and their property, as well as your vehicle in the event it gets stolen or damaged by fire.

Third-party only

This will only cover damage to other people, their car, or their property in the event of an incident. This cover is the minimum level of coverage you must get.

Frequently asked questions

What is van insurance?

Van insurance is a type of policy made specifically to cover the risk factors associated with driving a van. It works in much the same way as a car insurance policy by covering you for loss or damage to your van or someone else’s vehicle because of an accident.

Other causes of damage to your vehicle can also be covered, including fire or theft. The level of cover you take out will affect what you’re covered for.

Do I need van insurance?

If you’re driving your vehicle on public roads, van insurance is a legal requirement. If you’re caught without a policy in place, you could face a fine and points on your licence so it’s integral that you take out the right cover.

Can I add other drivers to my cover?

Yes, you can add named drivers to your policy. It’s important to note that if they need to make a claim, this can affect your no claims bonus (NCB).

Am I covered while driving abroad?

Most of our policies come with up to 90 days’ cover for driving in Europe and a number of other countries. If you’d like cover for longer, let us know and this can be arranged.

How much is insurance on a van in NI?

The cost of your van insurance depends on several factors, including whether you’re using it for private or commercial purposes, the level of cover you take out, your driving history, and where you live.

As an insurance broker, we’re on your side and no one else’s. This means we evaluate insurance quotes for you, comparing quotes from dozens of insurers to provide you with the right cover to suit your needs. Plus, we know the information that makes you more attractive to insurers. Speak to us over the phone so we can get to know your situation and find van insurance that more accurately reflects your driving history.

Can I get temporary van insurance in Northern Ireland?

Yes, we offer short-term cover for van drivers. If you only use your van for certain periods of the year or you’re planning a trip to Europe during the summer, we offer flexible policies to suit your needs.

Can I insure multiple vans?

Yes, we can cover multiple vans or other vehicles you own. Doing so can provide a discount on your insurance policies.

Get a quote with us!

It’s easy

Read our latest blog posts