Short-Term Car Insurance in Northern Ireland
Short-term car insurance in Northern Ireland at a great price.
How to get short-term car insurance from Sterling NI
Give us a call
Our best quotes are available over the phone. We’ll do all the legwork for you in just 10 minutes; just tell us a few details about yourself and your car.
Tailor the quote to your needs
You can choose extra benefits such as breakdown cover, keycare, and windscreen cover.
You can start driving on the day your insurance policy begins.
Short-Term Car Insurance for Northern Ireland Residents from £37.50 for seven days
Short-term car insurance for a range of circumstances
Borrowing your friend’s car or van for a trip? Learning to drive? Hiring a vehicle while your car’s in the garage? Recently purchased a car and need short-term cover to drive it home? Whatever your reason for needing temporary car insurance, we can help.
Our short-term policies offer the same level of protection as our annual policies, giving excellent peace of mind. Our flexible insurance policies mean we can cover a wide range of vehicles and drivers aged 21 or over in Northern Ireland.
Why choose temporary car insurance with Sterling NI?
There are a number of reasons Northern Ireland residents should take out short-term car insurance with us.
Temporary insurance for a few days, weeks or months
We can help you secure a great deal on short-term insurance. Get a quote from us, whether you need cover for one day, a couple of weeks or a few months.
Prices start from £37.50 for seven days of cover
Our cover is affordable – prices start from just £37.50 for seven days of cover. This is ideal if you don’t want to pay for a full annual policy and instead need to insure a car for a short period of time.
Short term insurance with the benefits of an annual policy
We offer a range of benefits on our short-term policies that we have on our annual policies. This includes free legal protection up to £100,000, plus the ability to travel abroad and build up your no claims bonus. We can also offer the same optional extras, such as breakdown cover, keycare and misfuelling cover.
Legal protection up to £100,000 included
Our legal cover is a standard feature in our car insurance policies for Northern Ireland residents, whether you purchase annual or short term insurance. So if you are ever involved in an accident that isn’t your fault, this can help you recover any out of pocket expenses afterwards.
For drivers aged 21 and over
Sterling’s temporary insurance for NI drivers is available to anyone 21 and over. We cover a wide range of vehicles, from vans, classic cars, imported vehicles, kit cars and campers.
Which type of insurance should I get?
This is the highest level of protection you can get and protects you regardless of who is at fault.
Third-party, fire and theft
This covers damage to other people, their cars and their property, as well as your vehicle in the event it gets stolen or damaged by fire.
This will only cover damage to other people, their car, or their property in the event of an incident. This cover is the minimum level of coverage you must get.
Get a quote with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Temporary car insurance for any period whether it’s seven days, up to 30 days and right up to three months
- Short-term insurance with many of the benefits of a full 12-month policy
- Helps towards building your no claims bonus
- Classic cars, kit cars, campers, custom cars, modified cars and grey imports can all be covered
- Available to drivers aged 21 and over
- We can cover cars in all insurance groups
- Driving your vehicle abroad is possible – just ask one of our team members
- We can even offer temporary cover for left-hand drive vehicles
You may need temporary car insurance because:
- You’re selling your car or van
- You’re a learner driver (you can take out a full annual policy once you have your driving licence)
- You’re moving abroad and need a vehicle
- You’re sharing the driving on a long journey
- You’re insuring a cherished car that you only drive in the summer
- You’re working abroad and need van insurance
Sterling short-term insurance comes with a range of optional extras:
- Cover for driving in Europe and beyond
- Breakdown cover